Does your Marketing deliver the expected results?
Does your Marketing deliver the expected results? Is your Marketing optimally positioned in all functions (analog and digital)? Does your Marketing make a significant contribution to the success of the business?
Marketing can be much more than a support function. Marketing is a business partner and sometimes even a game changer. In successful companies Marketing is seen as an investment, not a cost factor.
This is the mindset of Marketing with Impact. Every day, in every project, in every function and throughout the entire process - from strategy and planning to implementation and performance measurement.
In a nutshell, I support your company - as an executive consultant, a coach or temporarily as an interim manager. Competent, fast and result-oriented!
Marketing with Impact. That is my value proposition!
In the areas of Marketing and Corporate Communications, I offer many years of experience in specialist and management functions. I cover all building blocks, from market research, strategy and planning to the development of content, the coordination of creative execution (analog and digital) and performance measurement. Storytelling, leadership communications and employer branding are also topics I have been responsible for in many functions and projects.
The unique combination of my many years of professional experience in specialist and management functions, my strong understanding of the product, solution, and plant engineering business in an international context and my ability to quickly familiarize myself with new topics and to navigate through complex structures, is what particularly distinguish me.
It would be a great pleasure to consult and support your company and/or your marketing teams in specific projects. Based on your requirements, I also offer customized workshops and/or coaching sessions for your marketing teams.
- Assessment of marketing organizations and identification of recommendations for action
- Audit of a marketing function in a partner company, joint-venture, or subsidiary
- Development of a brand strategy in preparation of an acquisition
- Development and implementation of a marketing strategy for new business segments and business models
- Development of storytelling for a corporate program, a trade show appearance and/or an external or internal event
- Development of a customer excellence program (incl. creating touchpoint surveys)
- Development of leadership communications programs
- Review of digital strategy (incl. social media, website performance and e-commerce).
Interim managers bridge management bottlenecks and take on temporary positions on the upper management level with authority. They offer guidance and lead cross-functional strategic projects. Interim managers set new impulses. They work independently and give companies measurable competitive advantages through flexibility, know-how and additional resources.
As an interim manager, I support you in specific assignments in the areas of Marketing and Corporate Communications - reliable, result-oriented and efficient. With every assignment, I can make a measurable contribution to the business success of your company.
- My customers can request additional capacities at short notice, in a management function or in project management. Based on my availability, a start is possible within a few days.
- My customers receive my know-how, new ideas and an external point-of-view, combined with a lot of international experience.
- My customers obtain successful implementation and measurable results.
- My independence from internal structures and given frameworks is a good foundation for the best solution.
- My customers get to work with a defined, transparent cost framework.
You can find more information about the interim manager industry and valuable insights on the website of the Dachgesellschaft Deutscher Interim Manager e.V. (DDIM).
With many years of professional experience in the fields of Marketing and Corporate Communications, I offer measurable added value to every company. My know-how is not only based on acquired knowledge but is the result of a multitude of successfully implemented projects in a national and international context.
Below you will find a few examples.
Brand Strategy for Executive Search consulting firm
The Executive Search consulting firm defines its own core business with the sustainable staffing of high level specialist and top management functions. The business understanding is driven by the ambition to understand the clients' business in detail and to have a genuine interest in each and every candidate. Only in this way can the Executive Search consulting firm successfully connect companies and candidates. The company's brand strategy has remained virtually unchanged for years. Value proposition and relevant core messages need some content and visual validation. To be better prepared for sustainable growth, the brand strategy should be updated in terms of content and become more forward-looking and human.
- Development of a marketing strategy for the next few years
- Review of the brand strategy and, if required, update of important brand elements
- Development of an attractive brand narrative for the Executive Search consulting firm
- Sustainable marketing strategy
- Focused brand strategy
- Compelling (refreshed) corporate design
- Attractive value proposition and relevant key messages (foundation for future storytelling)
Improve collaboration between Sales and Marketing
In a manufacturing company, as part of the German Mittelstand, Marketing was previously perceived only as an internal support function. A systematic exchange of information between Sales, Product Management and Marketing was only partially established. Sales has increasing requirements and needs for a marketing function, which the marketing team in this particular company could hardly fulfill under the existing framework conditions. Marketing has to work closely with Sales, as a business partner. Marketing should proactively contribute to the success of the overall business.
- Definition of Marketing business mandate (mission statement)
- Definition of relevant core functions for a sales-oriented Marketing
- Optimizing the collaboration between Sales and Marketing
- Re-Aligned marketing function (business partner and service provider)
- Established agile project organisation (analogue and digital marketing)
- Changed reporting structure, Marketing reports to Head of Sales
- More systematic information exchange based on mutual target agreements and defined projects
Marketing coaching in the Energy Sector
The company is one of the big player in the Energy sector and is actively shaping the energy transition in Germany. So far, the focus has been on energy generation. New business areas will have to be developed to contribute to the future business success and to give a more sustainable perspective. This very dynamic transformation brings with it a lot of challenges. In this context, B2B marketing is becoming increasingly important in order to place new products and services on the market in a systematic and target group-oriented manner. Target customers and potential projects have to be identified, qualified and deals have to be closed. Marketing can make a significant contribution to support Sales.
- Foster a common understanding of the impact of marketing
- Build up marketing skills
- Definition of a marketing strategy for one business area (blue print)
- Create a marketing plan
- Better (common) understanding of the impact of marketing
- Marketing strategy and marketing plan
- Marketing toolbox, including planning templates
Development of Corporate Communications Function
In this specific company, only some building blocks of corporate communications were available, such as product-oriented trade press work, employee magazine publication, intranet updates and the collaboration with industry associations. Important building blocks of an integrated corporate communications were not existing. Projects were mainly implemented on a less strategical level.
- Development of corporate communications strategy for external and internal communications
- Expansion of the communication channels (print, digital and live) to provide comprehensive communication
- Strengthening of editorial planning and storytelling
- "Best-in-Class" corporate communications, establishment of a corporate communications team, and individual development of the employees
- Introduction and establishment of employee communications and leadership communications
- Professional approach to media relations for the business press, trade press and regional press
Expansion of Online Shop Business in Germany
This company is characterised by strong direct sales across all customer segments and various industries. In addition, significant sales was made with distributors and wholesalers. Sales via the online shop was not in the strategic focus. In the course of the general digitalisation of business processes, customer demand for digital solutions - from information to transactions - has been growing steadily.
- Sales increase of the online shop to at least x% of addressable total sales in Germany
- Measurable increase in efficiency of the internal sales force, in order processing and other related process steps
- Creation of sustainable competitive advantage through digital solutions
- Increase of the Online Shop Germany sales to the defined target range
- Increased efficiency in the sales office and in order processing
- Increase in up-selling and cross-selling and thus higher order value per order
Realignment of Marketing Functions
The marketing functions in Germany were distributed in the company's matrix organisation across business units, regions, and at headquarters. There were no clear task descriptions for roles/functions, teams and departments. As a result, the use of resources was not ideal, and collaboration was not organised efficiently.
- Definition of core functions in marketing across organisational boundaries
- Creation of job and function profiles for employees, teams and departments
- Optimisation of resource usage and reduction of costs
- Realignment of marketing functions in Germany, and change in the positioning (from shared services to business partners)
- Reduction of personnel costs by outsourcing marketing services (approx. 100 employees)
- Foundation of a joint venture with a B2B agency for marketing services
- Improving the quality of marketing services
Introduction of Customer Excellence Program
Following the financial crisis, this company was systematically and successfully geared towards efficiency and sales growth. In almost all functional areas, the focus on the customer was slightly neglected. The last customer survey in Germany was conducted with internal resources. No international information was available. Knowledge from the customer's point of view, backed up by facts and figures, was only available in isolated cases and had to be generated with a great deal of effort.
- Generation of up-to-date and reliable customer feedback on an international level
- Improving performance in relevant functional areas on a continuous basis
- Strengthening customer satisfaction, loyalty and willingness to recommend
- Establishment of a "best-in-class" customer excellence program with strategic customer surveys in more than 15 countries and regular surveys at touchpoints in relevant functional areas (including sales, marketing, order processing, production, logistics, service)
- Alignment of the entire organisation with customer focus as the number one priority
- Increase Net Promotor Score (NPS)
The combination of many years of professional experience in the field of marketing and corporate communications, the profound understanding of product, solutions and service business in an international context, and my ability to navigate complex structures in a result-oriented manner, is what distinguishes me the most. I quickly can set new impulses and make a significant contribution in any company.
07/2020 until today
Marketing Consulting and Interim Management (self-employed), Herborn/Hachenburg, Germany
03/2011 – 06/2020
Executive Vice President Marketing, Rittal GmbH & Co. KG, Herborn, Germany
(200 employees, EUR 30 million budget p.a.)
07/2009 – 02/2011
Vice President Corporate Communications, Siemens AG, Erlangen, Germany
(90 employees, EUR 25-30 million budget p.a.)
Vice President Corporate Communications, Siemens Canada Limited, Toronto, Canada
(10 employees, EUR 3-5 million budget p.a.)
Vice President Corporate Advertising, Siemens AG, Munich, Germany
(15 employees, EUR 15-30 million budget p.a.)
- Bundesverband Industrie Kommunikation e.V. (bvik)
- Bundesverband der Kommunikatoren e.V. (BdKom), bis 2019 Bundesverband der Deutschen Pressesprecher e.V.
- Dachgesellschaft Deutsches Interim Management e.V. (DDIM)
- Member of the “Branding and Strategic Planning Council”, Canadian Marketing Association (CMA) – 2008-2009
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Bayerischer Rundfunk Werbung (BRW) – 2005-2006
- Member of the Deutscher Werberat – 2002-2006
- Board Member of the Zentralverband der Werbewirtschaft Deutschland (ZAW) – 2002-2006
Are you looking for support or advice in the field of Marketing or Corporate Communications?
I would be delighted to support your company and marketing department on the journey to more Marketing with Impact.
I look forward to hearing from you.